Pupil Premium Action Plan Strategy
Once we had identified our priorities for the year, we put together an action plan to ensure our priority areas were addressed. A summary of actions includes:
- Establishing regular coffee mornings and skills sessions for parents that were used as training opportunities, as well as building excellent relationships with families. This included:
- Phonics training
- Mathematics training
- The Learning Mentor, SENCo & the Headteacher being accessible outside, on the entrance on a morning so that parents could discuss concerns or offer general support for learning
- Reviewing all of our school systems for pupil and parental induction into the school so that families felt more supportive of school and better involved in the life of our school. This included:
- Revising several school policies related to parental communication
- Improving our day-to-day communication so that all parents feel that staff are approachable
- Providing training for staff in the development of feedback as a strategy for improving pupils’ learning dispositions and ability to reflect on next learning steps
- Developing the role of the Learning Mentor so that as an academy we can be reactive to individual pupils needs
- Further development of Read Write Inc. phonics teaching, particularly with an emphasis on 1:1 support
- Implementation of Catch up Numeracy
- Implementing an engagement subsidy to enable PP students to fully access the extra-curricular and financially dependent curriculum activities and reduce attainment gap, support those students who do not have breakfast and support students with after school activities.
- Utilise the Learning Support Assistant to engage with parents of PP Students in ensuring student attendance is high.